Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Wealthy Life

I am so busy lately with so many things going on, it seems my brain is in overload mode. I can't think about more than one thing at a time, and even then I have to really force myself to concentrate on the task at hand. I collapse into bed, then have to be dragged out of that warm cocoon in the morning. But it all adds up to one thing: my life is so full of amazing goings on and even more amazing people.

I am focusing on this point, as it keeps me grounded and from becoming completely overwhelmed. I am focusing on the people, not the events and tasks surrounding them. The more I focus on the people, the more open I become to handling the tasks and events.

I would like to introduce you to two people with whom I am forming important bonds. We volunteer at the school together, and work together on the PTA. That alone is enough to indicate just how much we share many of the same values. The more time I spend with all the members of the PTA board, the more I am introduced to new ideas, new things, new ways to consider life. I point these two ladies out because they have amazing blogs:

The talented, soul-searching Amy of Resolutions and Telling

and the most positive-thinking church head I've ever had the honor to know (and read), the Roller Derby-ing Reverend Dawn of Speaking Of

These blogs offer insight into spirituality and living with truth and aplomb -- recommended reading on your path through life. Also check out "Mennonite in a Little Black Dress". It's hilarious, yet touches the soul (two things that rarely come together). 

No comments:

Post a Comment