Friday, January 16, 2009

Magnetic Personality

The art studio has become our new family room. Ezra rushes in there every day as soon as he gets home, and it just seems the natural place to hang out. I was looking for a fast Valentine's craft to make, and decided I felt like making magnets. I've been making these for years, and I love that it is inexpensive, can be done on a small space like a coffee table, and cleanup is super easy if you put down paper first (which you absolutely should do). I used not martha's tutorial. Megan does a great job of explaining things, so I recommend checking it out.

Dr. Seuss magnets! The Pottery Barn Kids catalog is great for finding tiny pictures. They just launched a Dr. Seuss bedroom series and I was thrilled to make these magnets! Ezra loves them. Note the Lorax with his truffula trees on the top right.

Hearts and sweet animals for V-day. My favorite is the owl:

Isn't he cute peeking out at you?

And because I'm starting to get desperate for spring (it's - 1 degree this morning), lady bugs:

I love the little Miss on the stalk (bottom left).

No comments:

Post a Comment