Friday, January 30, 2009

Snow Week Craft Recap

Tuesday: Fannie the Squirrel feeders out of cardboard tubes, peanut butter, and bird seed.

Wednesday: Snowball fight and work for Mommy

Thursday: Cardboard tube kaleidoscope (Have the child decorate the tube. Then have the child use a cheese grater to grate a bit of crayon onto some parchment paper or wax paper. Fold paper over, and iron on very low, allowing the wax to melt inside the paper just slightly. It will cool very quickly. Then, put the colored part over one end of the tube and secure with a rubber band. Produce bands work well. Ta-da!)

Friday: Footprint snowman t-shirt

I'm running out of ideas and we might get more snow next week! Luckily, I have to work all weekend, so Daddy will be in charge of child-entertainment!

2 comments:

  1. You are too freaking cute. I've spent the week being pent up and trying not to kill my children. You have spent it crafting and being precious (and I meant that in the sincerest form of flattery possible).
    Can I be you when I grow up?
    Katie F.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! I can't wait until Thomas is old enough to do arts and crafts. Right now, we're still working on trying to figure out crayons. I want him to draw and he just wants to roll them around on the table. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete