Friday, February 27, 2009

Aging

The overwhelming theme for me this week is age. I saw it a few days ago when I was getting dressed to go to lunch with an old friend. Bonnie Rait said it best when she said "Those lines are pretty hard to take when they're staring back at you."

I saw it yesterday when I was just too worn out to care about much.

And I definitely saw it this morning as I met with the insurance adjuster about the missing shingles on my roof. I feel unprepared. How do you know what questions to ask? What questions to avoid? How much damage is there? What will it cost to fix? Is it worth making an insurance claim? Who should I call to get the work done? How many slams in old screen door? What child is this that's laid to rest on Mary's lap is sleeping?

How do I pull off all my dreams in a timely manner?

No comments:

Post a Comment