Thursday, May 28, 2009

Naked Time

This evening, at the Carnegie Center in Lexington, KY, I have the honor of being one voice in a group of women talking openly and honestly about our body issues. I have read the entire script, and listened to many of these women read their original monologues. While most of us are not actors, this project has made brilliant writers out of all of us.

The show is at 7 p.m., admission is free. I hope to see many of you there. I am a nervous wreck right now, trying to get ready and the only part of me that is put together right now are my toes, thanks to the lovely lady at the nail salon. I know this: even if I fall on my ass in front of everybody, this show is still going to be great!

Also, at 5:30, several of my friends and my Mom will be enjoying dinner at Atomic Cafe-- all are welcome there, I like to think of it as my own little fan club ;)

-The Flaming Maiden out

(original artwork by Theo Edmonds, thank you Theo for contributing to our project!)

1 comment: